I love Autumn, maybe it’s because my birthday is in October but more likely is the thought of cosy nights by the fire with a glass of wine as the evenings draw in.
I’ve always been a fan of Autumn weddings due to the incredible colours that one associates with this splendid season of red, russet, auburn, gold and orange. It is a time of year that is so often forgotten when it comes to planning a wedding but with so many dates postponed this year, I feel sure that October will be added to the calendar as a month that couples will choose for their special day.
With this in mind, I have been imagining how the day might unfold and here are my tips for a glorious Autumn wedding:
– Spend as much on lighting as you can afford, the light will truly reflect all the stunning colours and create atmosphere in the venue or marquee.
– According to experts, the best time to take your photos is forty five minutes before dusk so plan your schedule around this to take full advantage of the prettiest light.
– Be very careful with design, you do not want a Halloween experience for your guests, but a subtle use of squashes and baby pumpkins on the tables would be beautiful if not over done.
– Autumn is the perfect time to embrace dried flowers and foliage, I love to use Hydrangeas and they would look stunning complemented with fresh antique roses and eucalyptus.
– Personally I would keep the bridal bouquet simple and muted, bringing in a mass of colour for the bridesmaids flowers, the church and venue. However if you fancy something a bit more contemporary, how about a bouquet filled with wonderful dahlias?
– Natural materials will work well alongside the Autumn colour palette, so think about having a wooden bar and furniture, and if you are decorating a marquee, go for a neutral coloured carpet.
– Finally, embrace the time of year and offer each guest a sparkler to light as the couple leave the party, a path of sparkles is the most wonderful send off!
It is also the perfect time of year for fireworks!